Monday, November 22, 2010

Recipe Swap!

Hi everyone!  Today I have a yummy dessert for your Thanksgiving dinner!

I am not a Pumpkin Pie fan, but this one is absolutely delicious and hard to pass up.  I believe it is called
Pumpkin Crunch 
I got this 12 years ago when I attended my very first Creating Memories get together and just fell in love!  I make it every Thanksgiving now and it's gone before it has time to be called a left over! LOL
Hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients
1 (29 ounce) can pure pumpkin (Libby's)
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup margarine, melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 
Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with foil and spray it with baking spray.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well, and pour into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and pat down. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix, then drizzle with melted margarine.
Bake for 60, let cool for 2 hours or one hour in the fridge.  Turn Pie upside down on your platter remove the foil and serve!  Goes great with Vanilla Ice Cream or Top with whipped topping when ready to serve.

3 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

sounds yummy & easy! TFS!!!

Lelia Pierce said...

This does sound yummy! Meredith has the same thing on her blog today...you two! I've added this to my "must try" recipes!

XXX

FitterTwit said...

Sounds Evil... and the store's closed! DANG IT!!!

 
Blog Design byApril Showers for Scrap Happy Witch